Thursday, February 4, 2010

LOVE OUR RAVING FANS

One of our new freelance editors comes with the background of being a literary agent. She's got experience and knowledge, and I'm so excited to work her. Apparently, the feeling is mutual. This is what she raved about Borderline Publishing:

  • You allow authors to print a small amount of books, allowing them to print as they gain popularity and money.
  • You offer the best of both worlds: they can make 100% of the profits selling their own books online, at bookstores, or on Amazon.com. But you also offer marketing to get books into major bookstores. I think this is an amazingly good deal. It's usually one or the other but not both.
  • You make free to the public wonderful how-to talks on writing on Saturdays.
  • Your business is local, and you have many years of experience.
  • You print with quality, standards, and integrity.

Currently Rosemary and I are looking into teaching community ed. classes together. I'll keep you posted.

My first workshop this last weekend was fabulous--so nice to meet all you writers. :-) I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. Been home with a sick little girl. But I look forward to working with many of you. Let me know if you have any questions about anything you see here or anything I discussed on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment