Wednesday, January 27, 2010

THEMES

List your top five movies. Mine are...

The Counte of Monte Cristo
You've Got Mail
Hitch
Everafter
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Then find the theme.

Do you see mine? (Helps if you've seen the movies.) My theme here is hidden identities. A little disturbing but fun to write about--which I started doing before I even realized my fascination with this theme. My manuscript FIGHT OR FLIGHT is about a woman who went into the witness protection program at the age of twelve, and sixteen years later ends up working with one of her childhood friends who has no idea who she really is.

So now that you've found your theme, share it with us and see if it fits into what you are writing or what you want to write. You might discover a little something about yourself in the process.

2 comments:

  1. So you must like the Bourne Identity :)
    I also see the themes of Romantic Confusion and Frustrations :)

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. And am I right to assume that Analyze This is one of your favorites, Dr. Bennett?

    ReplyDelete