Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BREAKUP WITH WRITER'S BLOCK

Dear Writer's Block,

It's not you, it's me. I'm moving on. And it won't be easy to get over you, but actually there's another man in my life now. His name is Muse. And he understands my big dreams. He wants to take me places I've never been able to imagine before. He believes in me and helps me believe in myself. He makes me want to be a better person.

I don't blame you for anything. You offered so many distractions that felt really good. And you enabled me to make excuses. You were also easy to get along with. And somewhat addicting, to be honest. It was my choice entirely to stay with you for so long, and I have learned a lot through the experience. So thank you.

I'm sure you'll find someone else. You're very attractive. Which is why you shouldn't take it personally when I avoid you. There's more out there for both of us.

Best wishes,
Angela Meuser

Now it's time for you and Writer's Block to part ways. Write your own letter breaking up with Writer's Block, starting out with: "Dear Writer's Block, It's not you, it's me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment